- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries In Progress
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Information Sessions
- Older Children Webinar
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Get Started Today!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Adoption Training Offers CEUs For Professionals
Gladney understands that it can be difficult to discuss the adoption option, or provide care to a client or patient who is facing an unplanned pregnancy. That is why Gladney is proud to offer medical professionals education about the option of adoption. Gladney offers Continuing Education Credits to Social Work and Nursing Staff in clinical settings. Our adoption education training is designed to empower professionals and help them feel confident when working with a patient who is considering or planning adoption.
Gladney believes that a patient’s time and care in the hospital is a critical factor in her physical and emotional healing. Professionals who are equipped with the right information can be great advocates for their clients and patients. This advocacy is empowering to the patient and can transform a difficult situation into a healthy and caring environment that provides lifelong peace.
- Understand the adoption process
- Know how to address barriers to adoption
- Learn about legal issues and ethical considerations surrounding adoption
- Understand the importance of accurate adoption language
Testimonials From Professionals Who Have Attended Our Training
- “This training helped me view the world of adoption through the eyes of the expectant parent.”
- “As an RN Case Manager I now have more education and resources to assist me with supporting patients.”
- “I now feel comfortable with sharing the option of adoption with patients.”
- “I really enjoyed this in-service. I am an adoptive parent and I enjoyed learning about how things have changed from when I adopted my two children.”
- “I learned how to use correct adoption language to encourage and promote understanding of the empowering option of adoption for our patients. I also now know how to educate my staff about accurate adoption language.”
- “I feel that I now understand how much adoption has changed, and I feel comfortable providing adoption information to patients that I work with.”
- “I loved the use of media in this presentation. The presenter is engaging, fun, and welcomes questions and debate.”
For more information about our trainings, or to schedule a presentation, please contact Emily Morehead by email or at 817-922-6031.
Emily Morehead, MA
Emily Morehead holds a Bachelor’s degree in Development and Family Studies and a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. Emily has worked with parents, teens and children who come from hard places. Emily uses her clinical skills in order to educate medical professionals and social workers with accurate and practical education on empathetic patient care. She believes that adoption is an option that can empower men and women to make informed decisions in regards to their future and their child’s future. She believes that adoption can change the trajectory of a child, birth parent or adoptive parent’s life.
Emily believes that medical professionals should be equipped with education about information on current adoption practices and accurate adoption language. She has experience as a Forensic Interviewer at a Child Advocacy Center and experience as an educator. Emily is currently pursuing her LPC-Intern Licensure through the state of Texas. Emily is from a family with strong adoption history.