- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries In Progress
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Information Sessions
- Older Children Webinar
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Get Started Today!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Many potential adoptive parents are discovering that adopting a child can put a serious strain on family finances. Fortunately, adoption can be an affordable option for families with careful financial planning. (Check out this US News & Word Report article as well as a recent webinar on Adoption Finance Tools by Ellen Wilson, Chief Financial Officer.)
Below are just a few of the resources available to help potential adoptive parents.
Scholarships for Adoption
Adoption scholarships may be available. Check with your caseworker for further information.
Benefits for Adoption
Employee Benefits Program
- Many organizations offer their adopting employees benefits in the form of time off or financial assistance. Call your employee benefit office to check if your company is a participant. See if your employer is on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption 2014 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces.
IRS Tax Benefits
For taxable years beginning in 2015, under § 23(a)(3) the credit allowed for an adoption of a child with special needs is $13,400. For taxable years beginning in 2015, under § 23(b)(1) the maximum credit allowed for other adoptions is the amount of qualified adoption expenses up to $13,400. The available adoption credit begins to phase out under § 23(b)(2)(A) for taxpayers with modified adjusted gross income in excess of $201,010 and is completely phased out for taxpayers with modified adjusted gross income of $241,010 or more. (See section 3.19 of this revenue procedure for the adjusted items relating to adoption assistance programs.) Since the credit is per child, the maximum you claim depends on the number of children you adopt.
- This site provides a wealth of free information about employer-provided adoption assistance plans. Click here for further information.
- An active duty member of the military services may be reimbursed for qualifying adoption expenses up to $2,000. Read more!
A Child Waits Foundation
- A financial resource for those seeking loans for international adoptions. Apply today!
The Abba Fund
The ABBA Fund helps Christian families overcome the financial obstacles of adoption by providing interest-free loans that can be paid back over time. They also administrate Matching Grant and Interest-Free Loan Adoption Funds for churches at no cost to the church so that local communities can help their families with adoption costs. www.abbafund.org
Affording Adoption Foundation
- Offers financial assistance to families in the process of adopting. Grants will vary in amount, depending upon the current number of applicants, as well as the need of those applicants. affordingadoption.com
America's Christian Credit Union
- Adopting a child is a special event for the Christian family. While many financial institutions do not understand the unique situation surrounding the adoption process, ACCU choose to respond to those needs. As part of their continuing effort to "reach, serve and teach," they are happy to offer Adoption Loans. americaschristiancu.com
American Academy of Adoption Attorney Family Formation Charitable Trust
Provides financial assistance to those individuals and nonprofit organizations seeking to build families through adoption and assisted reproductive technology. For more information and access to the grant application, please visit http://www.adoptionattorneys.org/aaaa/charitable-trust/applications-for-grant.
- Families that are adopting domestically and have been approved by an agency or facilitator can apply for a grant. There is no income requirement. thebuescherfoundation.org
- The Tinina Q. Cade Foundation’s Family BuildingTM Grant provides up to $10,000 per funded family to help with costs of domestic adoption and medical fertility treatment. The only restrictions for applying are must have a diagnosis of infertility from your doctor and be a legal, permanent US resident. cadefoundation.org/Grants/family-building-grant
- Fund your adoption by forming a team to run a Chosen Ministry marathon. Registration fees from your team members are eligible to help fund your adoption. This funding is for Christian families. Learn more by visiting http://www.chosenmarathon.com/teams/.
- Provides adoption grants to qualified Christian adoptive families living in Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota who have been approved by a licensed child placement agency and who have been matched to a minority domestic infant (you do not need to be matched to apply, however, grant money awarded will not be dispersed until after placement) elijahstruth.com/grants.html
Gift of Adoption Fund
- Give a child a home for a lifetime! Grants are awarded regardless of religion, race, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Click here.
God's Grace Adoption Ministry
- GGAM seeks to help Christian families overcome the financial burden of adopting children. Find out more.
Helping Kids Cope
- Adoptive couple can be of any race and child to be adopted can be of any race, age or gender. http://www.helpingkidscope.com/request-help.htm
- The Helpusadopt.org team is dedicated to helping couples/individuals overcome the seemingly insurmountable financial challenges that are associated with adoption.
It's a Child's Life Foundation is a small non-profit organization based out of Ada, OK with a heart for helping in the areas of foster, adoption, mentoring and support for children.
Jewish Free Loan Association
- Loans up to $35,000. fundyouradoption.org/adoption-loans/
Katelyn's Fund - Orphan Ministry
- Katelyn's Fund has been given the opportunity to provide grants to several Christian families.
Lifesong for Orphans
- Lifesong for Orphans encourages Christian couples to adopt a child by relieving some of the financial burden of international and domestic adoption. They provide Adoption Matching Grants from $1k-$4k per child, and also offer Interest-Free Loans up to $10,000. You can visit their website at www.lifesongfororphans.org, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 309.747.3556
- Adoption loans from $5,000 to $100,000 lightstream.com/adoption-financing
National Adoption Foundation
- Open to all legal adoptions or non-related children and does not exclude private adoption, agency adoption, international adoption or special needs fundyouradoption.org/adoption-grants
Oxford Adoption Foundation
- Helps families adopt internationally by providing low interest loans to assist with the expenses associated with the international adoption process. oxfordadoption.com
Pathways for Little Feet
- Provides interest-free loans to qualified adoptive families who need financial assistance to finalize their adoptions. www.pathwaysforlittlefeet.org
Project Hope Ministries
- Project Hope Ministries provides matching grants to Christian families that adopt older, special needs, or sibling groups from Colombia. The purpose of the match is to help encourage your friends, family, and church to give to your adoption. Please download a PDF version of the grant.
Resources 4 Adoption
- Resources4adoption.com provides free adoption resources that contains up-to-date and detailed information for over 60 adoption grants. Resources4adoption.com conducts regular research on adoption financing options and provides you with updates on this information. Resources4adoption.com is dedicated to helping remove financial barriers to make your adoption dream come true.
Sea of Faces Foundation
- Sea of Faces was established to encourage Christian families with financial assistance to offset the expenses of adoption.
Through adoption assistance grants, Show Hope donors have helped provide loving, Christian families for over 2,000 waiting orphans from 40 different countries, including the U.S.
The Sparrow Fund
The Sparrow Fund is an organization committed to encouraging and supporting these families in the adventure of adoption. We do this by providing grants to families in financial need to enroll in programs specifically designed to provide counsel and comprehensive medical reviews of their referred child.