- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Domestic Infant Adoption Program
The Gladney Center for Adoption is a recognized leader in adoption services. For over 125 years, we have been helping prospective adoptive parents fulfill their dreams of parenthood through adoption. Our commitment to making this dream come true is demonstrated through our flexible, comprehensive client services.
Each adoption, like each family, is unique. Our goal is to get to know you and understand your unique situation so that, together, we can customize your adoption experience to meet your needs.
The Domestic Infant program places infants of all races into the arms of loving families. This program serves families who wish to adopt an infant and women who have contacted Gladney to make an adoption plan.
Gladney's Domestic Infant Program offers:
- Flexibility in the adoption process.
- Assistance in developing a family profile.
- Guidance from experienced staff.
- Experienced and respected legal staff.
- Membership in a parent support group.
- Parenting education.
- Confidentiality, unless both parties agree to more openness throughout the process.
Couples interested in adopting through Gladney’s Domestic Infant program must meet the following guidelines:
- Married for a minimum of two years
- Openness to the characteristics of children available
- Live in the United States
- One parent must be a U.S. citizen
The Toy and Its Story
|The Teddy Bear is named after President Theodore Roosevelt. He was on a hunting trip in 1902 and refused to kill a black bear that was tied to a tree. This made national news, and a toy shop owner was inspired to make a stuffed baby bear that he named Teddy's Bear.|
To learn more about the Domestic Infant program, please request one of Gladney's free, comprehensive Adoption Information Packets. Make your request on-line or by calling 1-800-687-3097.