- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries That Built Our History
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Waiting Child Webinars
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Request Free Adoption Packet!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Job & Volunteer Positions
The Gladney Center for Adoption, a premier non-profit adoption agency, seeks a professional, highly motivated candidate to act as our Residential/Activities Coordinator. Must be compassionate, dependable, organized and empathetic. The candidate will be responsible for the security and maintenance of the living area and surrounding property during their shift and must project a positive attitude and be available to residents at all times. Must maintain CPR & First Aid certification. Shifts will be 3 - 24 hour shifts one week then 2 - 24 hour shifts the following week. 8:00am start and end time. 2 positions available. Duties include:
- Greet new residential admissions and assist them in getting settled
- Be aware of resident's whereabouts at all times
- Ensure that all residents sign out when leaving campus for any reason and sign in when they return
- Arbitrate differences of and between residents
- Assist the caseworkers as needed in carrying out plans and goals for the residents
- Assist with the planning and preparation of meals as needed
- Coordinate with Resident Supervisor to ensure sufficient groceries are maintained in the kitchen
- Perform room check at least weekly and ensure that building and kitchen are kept clean
- Maintain medical supplies and follow doctor's instructions to care for residents if needed
- Dispense medication
- Plan, organize, implement, and supervise recreational activities for residential clients
- Plan and distribute monthly activity calendar to residential staff and community volunteers, encourage their participation
- Implement appreciation program as encouragement to volunteers
- Remain current on occurrences in our community and encourage community partnering to provide activities for our clients
- Coordinate on campus activity programs
- Assist with transporting clients to off campus activities the days you are on campus
- Plan and conduct group self-improvement classes
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field preferred
- Residential experience preferred
- Full-time hourly position with benefits
- A furnished one bedroom apartment is available to you during the overnight hours of your shifts.
Please do not submit your resume unless you are applying for a current, open position. Please feel free to check back regarding any employment opportunities.
Volunteer & Intern Opportunities
Gladney is accepting applications (for our Fort Worth location only) long-term administrative volunteers at the agency and weekend off-campus activity volunteers for our maternity home residents. These positions are located in our Fort Worth, Texas location. Both positions require a background check and three letters of recommendation per licensing requirements.
One Gladney volunteer shared her experience in our blog, Day In The Life of a Gladney Intern.
NOTE: We have a few human services internships available for the fall semester. We have internship openings in IT and Marketing.
We welcome students who want to do their internship at Gladney's Fort Worth Office whether it's in the social work field, accounting, information technology (IT), marketing, public relations, or development. Read a sample of internship job descriptions in the social work field and a bio for some of Gladney's intern field instructors.
If interested in volunteering or interning at Gladney's Fort Worth Campus:
- Complete and submit the Volunteer and Intern Application
- Once your application and questionnaire have been reviewed, you will be contacted to discuss opportunities.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, volunteer applicants will be contacted and invited to attend a volunteer information session. These sessions are held on the first Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. and on the third Friday of each month at 2:00 p.m.
Adult Adoptee Opportunities
The newly formed Dallas/Fort Worth Adult Adoptee group has many ways for you to get involved, connect with other adult adoptees and volunteer! Please contact Phillip Garrott to get connected.